Sunday, November 18, 2007

Game 11

The Utes have really been stepping it up lately. Not only are they riding a nice little winning streak, but they have been winning pretty big. All this considered I was still nervous for yesterday's game against New Mexico. You see the Lobos have played spoiler to the Utes so many times that I am always nervous about playing them (shoot I get nervous about almost every game). Plus the UNLV game this year has made it hard for me to believe that the Utes can't relapse back into some lesser team. Thankfully that did not happen yesterday and the Utes beat the Lobos 28-10 (they finally gave up a TD after 12 quarters of football). I wasn't able to watch or listen to the game. Sounds like it wasn't too impressive of a game. Much more of a grind it out win, but I'll take it. No one put up really big numbers (Mack did reach over 1,000 yards rushing for the season in this game), but the Utes put up the ones that matter, namely 28 to New Mexico's 10. It seems that the Utes have come together and formed a pretty solid team. The defense has been consistent and the offense has been sufficient. Now we can focus on the big game this week against the team down south. Shame the cougars have a 2 game cushion on the MWC (come one SDSU), but it will still be plenty sweet to beat them. If we all concentrate all our negative vibes and mala onda just right I am sure we will prevail. GO UTES!!! Rivalry week begins now!

No comments: