Last weekend almost the entire Nicholas family came to Seattle to catch the Tigers play the Mariners. I think this is becoming a bit of an annual trip. They might come to visit me too, but the Tigers are the real draw. The first to arrive were my brother and his family. I took them to all my favorite places to eat. Including Gorditos. Now the whole fam has made it out there.

Since they have a baby I really didn't have to plan much else for them which was nice (plus I was still working). My nephew is still pretty great, but he is getting more fussy...and woke me up early. Fortunately the rest of my family arrived a few days earlier and swapped my nephew for my brother and Dad as roommates. We went to the Tigers game that night. I had to wait until I was 25 to go to my first Tigers game, but my nephew can all ready check that off his list. Your welcome.


The Tigers had an explosive 1st inning scoring 7 runs, but didn't score again the rest of the game. Luckily it was enough as the Mariners only scored 4. The next day instead of watching more baseball my Mom took me to Costco to load up on supplies and then we grabbed a ferry to head over to Bainbridge.



We ate some dinner over there (why are there no good places to eat on Bainbridge Island?), but the real motivation for going to Bainbridge was Mora's Ice Creamery. This is an Argentine heladeria and it is great. Some of the best dulce de leche ice cream out there (everything else is pretty terrific too). The next day I took my family to church with me and then we had a BBQ that night. Then just like that the party was over and everyone had to head home. It was a quick trip, but well appreciated. Hope it happens again soon and that my sister can make it that time.
1 comment:
You have no idea how in love I am with dulce de leche anything. I really want some right now.
Post a Comment