A little while back I posted this about a recent paper that we had come out. It was all about dogs and finding spots in their DNA where breeds differ from one another. Some of these differences are definitely the result of man breeding dogs for specific traits. In other words man contributed to their evolution or formation. Sounds pretty scientific right? Well did you know that it also confirms that God created the world? Thats right! This paper was recently featured at the Institute for Creation Research as evidence for creationism in some fashion or another. You can find their report on it here. Interestingly they never contacted us for an interview or to answer any questions. Thats too bad because they probably should have checked with us about a few things as their interpretation of the paper, and evolution in general, is pretty far off the mark (if you are curious how far off the mark just ask me). Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who considers himself very religious and does not doubt God's role in his or the world's creation. Its a good example of reading something and all ready knowing what you want to find in it. People of all sorts, even scientists, are guilty of this all the time. Still, this was pretty neat! I thought my days of preaching were over when I hung up my missionary badge, but it seems that even with science I am still taking the good word to the people.Random updates, thoughts, ideas, and complaints (with pictures). Way better than Facebook stalking!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
On a mission from God
A little while back I posted this about a recent paper that we had come out. It was all about dogs and finding spots in their DNA where breeds differ from one another. Some of these differences are definitely the result of man breeding dogs for specific traits. In other words man contributed to their evolution or formation. Sounds pretty scientific right? Well did you know that it also confirms that God created the world? Thats right! This paper was recently featured at the Institute for Creation Research as evidence for creationism in some fashion or another. You can find their report on it here. Interestingly they never contacted us for an interview or to answer any questions. Thats too bad because they probably should have checked with us about a few things as their interpretation of the paper, and evolution in general, is pretty far off the mark (if you are curious how far off the mark just ask me). Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who considers himself very religious and does not doubt God's role in his or the world's creation. Its a good example of reading something and all ready knowing what you want to find in it. People of all sorts, even scientists, are guilty of this all the time. Still, this was pretty neat! I thought my days of preaching were over when I hung up my missionary badge, but it seems that even with science I am still taking the good word to the people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
From article:
"Studies of the genomic differences between various dog breeds are yielding information at a faster pace than scientists’ abilities to interpret it."
Don't you get it? You scientists just don't have the ability to interpret your own research.
I'm sure you research has also proven that all of this dog development happened in a single 24hour period about seven thousand years ago.
On the bright side, in addition to having an Erdos number, you now have a Ben Stein number.
I wonder if I should add that to my CV?
Thats awesome Tom! You've officially reached famous status when people take your words out of context and use them for their own purposes without ever consulting you.
Post a Comment