Despite what responsible people would have you think, grad school is full of free time. Back when I began lots of friends were caught up in different TV series to fill their time. Shows like Lost and Heroes. I was never too keen on these. Seemed like all they did was ask question after question without giving many answers. My classmates did lend me the Battlestar Galactica series which I slowly started to watch. Did it ask endless questions? You bet! How was it different from the others? It had spaceships and robots. It is a remake of sorts. I was too young for the original, but my brothers liked it even if it was just riding on Star Wars' coattails. It is still all about a bunch of murderous robots trying to kill the human race, but now they can look like us! So who's a murderous robot and who's a human? Thats where this show's endless question formula kicks into high gear. Strangely these murderous robots are also very religious and all about free love, but they still want to kill us. They're not as bad as they might sound. After all they really like "All Along the Watchtower" so they've got that going for them. If a robot was going to kill me I guess I would want it to be one with good taste in music. The robots' appreciation for good music was definitely the highlight of the series and while they answered a good portion of the questions that they created, they left so much unresolved. Why do they love "All Along the Watchtower" so much? Do they prefer the original Bob Dylan version or one of the covers? Probably Jimi's version right? They don't like the Dave Matthew's Band version do they? Sure they answered the questions about who the robots were, but what about this really important stuff? I hear that they are making made for TV movies of this. Maybe one of them will answer my questions. I hope they call it Battlestar Galactica: Electric Ladyland.Random updates, thoughts, ideas, and complaints (with pictures). Way better than Facebook stalking!
Monday, May 10, 2010
TV Series Review "Battlestar Galactica"
Despite what responsible people would have you think, grad school is full of free time. Back when I began lots of friends were caught up in different TV series to fill their time. Shows like Lost and Heroes. I was never too keen on these. Seemed like all they did was ask question after question without giving many answers. My classmates did lend me the Battlestar Galactica series which I slowly started to watch. Did it ask endless questions? You bet! How was it different from the others? It had spaceships and robots. It is a remake of sorts. I was too young for the original, but my brothers liked it even if it was just riding on Star Wars' coattails. It is still all about a bunch of murderous robots trying to kill the human race, but now they can look like us! So who's a murderous robot and who's a human? Thats where this show's endless question formula kicks into high gear. Strangely these murderous robots are also very religious and all about free love, but they still want to kill us. They're not as bad as they might sound. After all they really like "All Along the Watchtower" so they've got that going for them. If a robot was going to kill me I guess I would want it to be one with good taste in music. The robots' appreciation for good music was definitely the highlight of the series and while they answered a good portion of the questions that they created, they left so much unresolved. Why do they love "All Along the Watchtower" so much? Do they prefer the original Bob Dylan version or one of the covers? Probably Jimi's version right? They don't like the Dave Matthew's Band version do they? Sure they answered the questions about who the robots were, but what about this really important stuff? I hear that they are making made for TV movies of this. Maybe one of them will answer my questions. I hope they call it Battlestar Galactica: Electric Ladyland.