

Thanks to Allen we had some terrific seats (see how close we were to the first base line?!). We were thrilled to see Verlander and Bonderman pitch and even more excited to see the Tigers winning in the 8th innings of both games. We were less happy seeing the Tigers lose the leads in both games and ultimately lose both of the games.
I was able to treat my Dad and brother to a special treat as the Sounders had a special exhibition game against Argentina's biggest club team, Boca Jrs. My friend Ben helped me get some tickets for them and a couple of friends.


You can tell that my Dad is a big soccer fan. He was a good sport for supporting me and my love for all things Argentina. I didn't expect Boca to play at its full potential, but I still thought they would compete.

Instead they did not compete at all and lost rather easily to the Sounders 3-0. So for those of you keeping track I went to 3 games with my family. The reason for attending these games was to cheer on the Tigers and Boca. Our team lost every game we saw. That was sort of a downer. It wasn't a total loss as we did get to see them close the roof during one of the baseball games. I had never seen that before. That is sort of like seeing your favorite team win if your favorite team is a bunch of modern engineers. And at the soccer game I was given a new Argentina scarf (thanks Chris) and a nice chica argentina told me see liked my jacket. So it wasn't all bad.
Once we finished watching all these sports I took off with my family and went to my brother's new house in Boise where we met up with his wife and my Mom. There I did what any man would do in Boise; I tore trees out of the ground with my bare hands. Yep!


Thanks for the visit Dad and Dave! It was great to be with family even if the impetus for our reunion turned out to be seeing our teams lose.
1 comment:
Glad to see you had some good seats, I was worried they were going to stick you on the 300 level again.
Post a Comment