One of the best ideas the movie business ever had was the concept of dollar theaters. These little babies only charge a dollar for all the glitz and glam of going out to the movies. The only catch is you have to wait till the movie is no longer relevant for it to arrive at one of these establishments. Don't let that fool you though, you can find some real gems in there like this one. If someone came and told me that Mark Wahlberg had a new movie coming out, I'd probably only be a little interested. I mean ticket prices these days are outrageous and I can play "Good Vibrations" anytime to get my Marky Mark fix. So you throw in Will Ferrell and tell me that he and Mark are cops. Ok, now I'm a little more interested. Add a little Samuel L. Jackson and The Rock as super cops? Michael Keaton as their police captain? Now this is getting tempting, but still probably not enough to get me to fork over the $10-$15 to go see it. This is the genius of the dollar movie theater. If I am only paying a simple buck then you better believe I'm interested in this movie. Shoot with a cast like that, I'd see just about anything for a buck. I'd say this one was worth maybe even 3 times that amount. Random updates, thoughts, ideas, and complaints (with pictures). Way better than Facebook stalking!
Friday, December 17, 2010
Movie Review "The Other Guys"
One of the best ideas the movie business ever had was the concept of dollar theaters. These little babies only charge a dollar for all the glitz and glam of going out to the movies. The only catch is you have to wait till the movie is no longer relevant for it to arrive at one of these establishments. Don't let that fool you though, you can find some real gems in there like this one. If someone came and told me that Mark Wahlberg had a new movie coming out, I'd probably only be a little interested. I mean ticket prices these days are outrageous and I can play "Good Vibrations" anytime to get my Marky Mark fix. So you throw in Will Ferrell and tell me that he and Mark are cops. Ok, now I'm a little more interested. Add a little Samuel L. Jackson and The Rock as super cops? Michael Keaton as their police captain? Now this is getting tempting, but still probably not enough to get me to fork over the $10-$15 to go see it. This is the genius of the dollar movie theater. If I am only paying a simple buck then you better believe I'm interested in this movie. Shoot with a cast like that, I'd see just about anything for a buck. I'd say this one was worth maybe even 3 times that amount.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment