I am very happy that the Utes moved into the Pac-12 conference. Happy for the new opportunities. Happy for the new revenue. Happy that they play in a conference I sort of live in. And happy to leave the team down south behind. One question going into this change was what would happen to this rivalry? We still play, but now we play early in the season with nothing but bragging rights on the line. Well now one year in and I would say there was nearly no build up whatsoever for this game. No special excitement. Maybe the rivalry has lost some of its specialness. Having said that, I can still say...I love beating those guys!
And everything continues to be right in the universe! I tell ya what, I expected an ugly and close game. I thought for sure that whoever had the ball last would probably win. Even after Heaps gave us 7 free points to begin the game, I still expected a close one. One that we would lose in fact.
Never did I expect things to turn out quite like they did, but thank heavens that they did! I don't watch the team down south play all that often, but I have never seen them play like this. Not this bad. I mean a few years ago when Max Hall caused 6 turnovers for the cougars I thought that was incredible, but Heaps is all ready surpassing his predecessor in that category. Actually he had some help, but 7 turnovers! Really? I couldn't believe it, but I also couldn't believe how improved the Utes' line looked and just how well they responded overall. The rivalry may have diminished some, but this is still one of my favorite things.

It is always a good time to be a Ute, but right now it is once again particularly sweet!
GO UTES!!!
2 comments:
I agree, always feels good to beat the team down south. Hope you had a half time coke.
So who do you cheer for Oct 1? Aren't you a Huskies fan too?
Post a Comment