Sunday, January 22, 2012

Movie Review "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol"

The guys in this movie work for what is called the Impossible Mission Force, or IMF. Presumably that means they work on impossible missions. If your job is to do the impossible day in and day out I would think that eventually it might take on some level of normalcy for you. I mean what with all the training, and meetings, and missions, its gotta become somewhat routine, right? Take these guys. Over the years they have infiltrated the CIA, robbed high security businesses, and kidnapped or rescued numerous high profile people. Pretty impossible stuff. Still even after all that, every mission these guys get is met with complete shock and incredulity, as if there is no way on earth it could ever be accomplished. Seriously, its like that track record inspires no confidence whatsoever. I mean is robbing the Kremlin really that much more impossible than breaking into the CIA? And yet, these guys treat it like it is ridiculous to even suggest it. Maybe it is, I don't know. Good flick, I just think their never ending surprise is amusing. Also, Tom Cruise looks funny when he runs.

No comments: