Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Movie Review "Taken 2"

This movie (series) is all about people being kidnapped and then fortunately being saved. Its a fine movie, but unfortunately not as good as the first which by no means was a gem of a movie. This one has plenty of problems and things that would be very easy to poke a little fun at. The hard part for me is given the fact that everything happening in the movie is because of an abduction it is hard for me to poke fun at these things without maybe coming across as though I was belittling or treating casually the horrific and scarring experience that any sort of human trafficking must cause. By no means is that my intention. In fact, maybe the producers could consider that when they unnecessarily make another one of these. I mean considering that this one begins with the dead dudes from the last one being buried it really seems like little time has passed between the events of the last movie and this one and yet, everyone seems to have recovered rather well. I think this is rather remarkable, especially for the daughter who's best friend was killed and she herself was drugged and nearly sold into sex slavery. She has bounced back amazingly well all while she is experiencing yet another parental separation. Shoot, she has even begun dating some slacker dude in that short amount of time. And now, just like that, she is heavily involved in a revenge plot that has captured her parents, once again while overseas. There are people who have been struck multiple times by lightning with better fortune than her. I am pretty sure thats gonna take some time to recover from. Probably a lot of time. Maybe give them a few or maybe even several years between this one and the next movie you make. Now having said all that just some heads up to some of the characters. To Liam, maybe never let anyone in your family travel abroad again. To daughter, maybe cut your dad some slack for being very overprotective. All things considered it seems to be reasonable. Lastly to slacker dude, she's real cute, but maybe take things a bit slower. For both your sakes...but mainly hers...I could actually care less about yours...sorry...I guess.

No comments: