Lately I have been spending a lot of time thinking about this:
If you have never found yourself thinking "Man, I wish I had a pet bear", I bet you are thinking it now. Its ok, don't be alarmed. That is a perfectly normal thought to be having...at least for me. Of course watching this fills my mind with lots of related thoughts. This is more or else the chronology of what goes through my mind as I watch this video:
- Is that guy speaking Spanish? Where on earth did he find a bear?
- I would be satisfied with a pet bear that simply doesn't maul and kill me, let alone one that does tricks.
- Would I rather have a pet grizzly or pet polar bear?
- Is one of these tricks vastly superior to the others?
- Yes, its probably the clapping, but you want to say its the marching while playing the trumpet because it is probably more difficult to teach (and learn).
- How can a bear be better at hula hoop than me?
- Would I trade all those tricks just for a bear that lets me ride it around places?
- Yes, of course I would.
- If primitive man had found a bunch of bear cubs rather than wolf cubs, would we today have hundreds of incredibly diverse breeds of domesticated bear?
- Would that mean I would have gotten a PhD studying the genetics of these hundreds of incredibly diverse breeds of domesticated bear?
- Man, I am sort of bummed that didn't happen.
- Course, then we would have some sort of shameful chihuahua breed of bear so maybe things turned out fine...at least for the bears and their much earned nobility.
- Seriously in all of wild nature is there any better animal to wish to have as a pet?
To answer that last question, there is only one real acceptable answer other than bear or some sort of "larger bear" and that would be the red panda:



They are the closest thing to a living Pokémon to ever have evolved on this earth. At least a Pokémon that you would actually want (there are lots of really lame Pokémon out there). Even as cute as they are, you may only take them over a bear if space was an issue. Turns out some actual dudes have pet bears that haven't killed them or anyone that has come to visit them yet, but they live in places like Montana and Canada where one has ample space for bears to frolic. Let that set in for a minute. Some dudes are actually living the dream of a pet bear!



This makes me happy. Not only do we live in a world with bears and red pandas, but some people have achieved the honor of being best friends with them. Thats gotta bring a smile to your face.
1 comment:
It's a guy dressed up in a bear suit. Amazing!
You earned your PhD without a scratch - that's worth something.
Post a Comment