I have never gone to a zombie movie before. Generally they are too gory for me. Plus, they seem to appeal to some rather unsavory parts of human nature. Still, I am no dummy when it comes to zombies. I mean there was that time when the zombies were invading my dreams. Most of the time, I find it difficult to imagine a zombie outbreak being something we would have much difficulty in containing. I mean these suckers are usually quite slow, vulnerable to almost any form of weaponry, and you have to actually be bitten to become infected. In other words the disease has exploitable weaknesses and preventative measures. Well I guess people agreed with me or otherwise grew tired of these standard zombie rules because here the zombies are super fast (to the point of near superhuman abilities), sort of smart, and infections take only 10 seconds post bite to set in. Even with these new rules I initially still had a hard time buying that we would have let this thing get so far out of hand as we see it has become in the beginning of this movie, but by the time the movie ended, I was on board. These zombies would be a tough nut to crack. I still wouldn't count us out though. You gotta wonder how you would fare in such a scenario. Some friends think I would be one of the guys who would sacrifice himself so others could get away, even those dirtbag guys who don't deserve it. I think that might be one of the best compliments I have ever received.

No comments:
Post a Comment