Once I had a roommate that was studying computer science, but what he really loved was flying. He was working on getting his pilot's license and he loved to fly. He would take off, literally, whenever he could. He knew that no matter what was going on, if he could just get up in the air, he would enjoy it. He loved it. I was happy for him. Happy that he had that one thing that would always make him happy. Truth be told, I was also a bit envious as I struggled to think of something I did that made me happy like that. What was my one thing? Well, I am still working on that in some ways, but I can tell ya this, I love when Utah beats BYU!

Its not always pretty or even impressive, but it always does the trick. In good times or bad. I love it. How can it not make things better when it gives you gems like this:

How long would I have had to endlessly watch that to actually surprise any of you? Cause I've been watching it awhile now and I am not getting anywhere near tired of it. It has reached "the Hulk punches stuff out of the sky" levels of guaranteed to put a smile on my face. This year's win was made all the sweeter since we will not be playing that team down south again till 2016. That means last night's win gives us 3 years of bragging rights! Of course this also means that for the next few years I won't have a Utah victory over BYU to give me that little boost. Don't worry, I am sure something else will come along, but if it doesn't I can always boot up that image and countless others. In the mean time, I will enjoy this and happily wear some red, knowing that, not only does it make me more attractive, but it also makes me a winner! I encourage you all to do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment