Sunday, December 7, 2014

Movember

I've had many beards and so I am no stranger to mustaches either, but all my mustaches have been the last standing remnants of a previously bearded kingdom. In other words I have never grown just a mustache without a beard. I decided to correct this glaring omission on my part during last month's Movember festivities. I shaved the first day of the month and then I didn't shave my upper lip for the remainder. Here is the obligatory time lapse of the month's proceedings:



As you can see, it was a strange and wonderful trip and I've learned a lot. Mostly that nothing makes people question you and your well-being more than having a bonafide mustache. And the looks from women? I think you must mean the no looks from women! Even more than usual. I don't blame them, especially when the face furniture is just moving in and hasn't really found its place yet, but I have no regrets. Only those who have worn the lip rug can understand and judge me.



Happy Movember everyone! For some of you, maybe you're happier that it is now over.

No comments: