No, I am not really talking about the end of the NCAA tournament this year (though I did want Memphis to win it all, but you gotta hit your free throws to win). This is much sadder news. I didn't win a March Madness related contest for this 50" Sony WEGA:

It was won by some guy named Butch Englert. CURSE YOU BUTCH! I really thought I was going to win. Had a real good feeling and everything. Ever since my roommate moved out with his 37" HDTV there has been a void in my life that just hasn't been filled. I thought that maybe this would do it.
I also lost a similar bracket because some stupid radio station and its fans thought that AC/DC, Metallica, Tool, and System of a Down are the 4 greatest rock bands out there (with Metallica winning the top honors). Seriously, Tool beat Led Zeppelin? Forget you guys and your 42" HDTV. I don't think I even want it now...
...Yes I do.
6 comments:
You are just confused. They were actually doing a topical bracket. AC/DC beat Men at Work in the Australian Rock Band Regional. Metallica beat The Who in the Sell Out Rock Bands Regional. Tool beat Garbage in the Garbage Regional. And System of a Down beat Rage Against the Machine in the Pseudointellectual Angry Political Nonsense Rock Band Regional. They were also entered in the Garbage Regional.
Led Zepplin is not the greatest rock band of all time? That final four sucks!
My final four:
Zepplin (winner)
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Metallica
U2
See now I think this represents a solid grouping of rock. I think these four represent 4 different, yet very good, parts of rock. I realize that people will have dispute with this list. Say U2 is not a rock band and so on. All I have to say... ZEPPLIN RULES!
Though I do want a big screen myself. I told the wife, "No big screen, no babies" So I'm actually content to not a big screen for 3, maybe 4 years.
Yeah I am one of those that would not put U2 in there. I can be ok with those others. Zeppelin is a must in just about any top 4 regardless of the category or theme of the list.
Yeah... I'd take out U2 and plug in Hendrix. But again with the genre conflict, I would agrue he is very blues rock...
Most of the great ones have strong blues influences. That is why rock is the greatest. It gives and takes so well with any other kind of music. It truly is at and the cause of all music crossroads.
Glad you ditched U2.
Post a Comment