Like most mid 20 something year olds I spent my Saturday night going to see the new Narnia move "Prince Caspian". I liked the first Narnia movie ok (it was mostly a poor man's Lord of the Rings, but still good) so I was interested enough to see this one. This one was pretty much the same as the first one, that is, just as good as the first one. It still has Aslan, the kids, satyrs, centaurs, dwarfs, minotaurs, and the new character Caspian. It is a little different than the books. This is actually one of the only series that I think might be better as movies. The movies make it a lot more epic and detailed than I think the books are. C.S. Lewis is great and all, but I think his Narnia books are a little thin. Anyway this one deals with a Narnia that has been overrun by humans and all the Narnia creatures are all but extinct. Then the kids come back and save the day. The only thing I couldn't help but think about during the whole movie is how on earth did all these centaurs with huge long swords, minotaurs with battle axes, agile satyrs, mice that can knock over people, and an entire army of bears, badgers (perhaps the most ornery of all God's creatures), wildcats, griffons, giants, moving trees, etc. ever get beat by a bunch of shabby human invaders? There is probably some lesson about keeping your faith or something in there that explains why. Anywho, if you are looking for something to do and you have 2 and half hours this is an ok choice, but don't expect a bunch of swinging, mid 20 year old singles to be there. I'm pretty sure, like us, most of them have all ready seen it during the opening weekend.Random updates, thoughts, ideas, and complaints (with pictures). Way better than Facebook stalking!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Movie Review "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian"
Like most mid 20 something year olds I spent my Saturday night going to see the new Narnia move "Prince Caspian". I liked the first Narnia movie ok (it was mostly a poor man's Lord of the Rings, but still good) so I was interested enough to see this one. This one was pretty much the same as the first one, that is, just as good as the first one. It still has Aslan, the kids, satyrs, centaurs, dwarfs, minotaurs, and the new character Caspian. It is a little different than the books. This is actually one of the only series that I think might be better as movies. The movies make it a lot more epic and detailed than I think the books are. C.S. Lewis is great and all, but I think his Narnia books are a little thin. Anyway this one deals with a Narnia that has been overrun by humans and all the Narnia creatures are all but extinct. Then the kids come back and save the day. The only thing I couldn't help but think about during the whole movie is how on earth did all these centaurs with huge long swords, minotaurs with battle axes, agile satyrs, mice that can knock over people, and an entire army of bears, badgers (perhaps the most ornery of all God's creatures), wildcats, griffons, giants, moving trees, etc. ever get beat by a bunch of shabby human invaders? There is probably some lesson about keeping your faith or something in there that explains why. Anywho, if you are looking for something to do and you have 2 and half hours this is an ok choice, but don't expect a bunch of swinging, mid 20 year old singles to be there. I'm pretty sure, like us, most of them have all ready seen it during the opening weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah I have a real problem with clearly superior beings losing to humans. I'm fine with us whooping on bears as it currently stands, but only because bears can't think. Bring logic to a bear, and the ability to fashion and use weapons, communicate with and cooperate with other bears, I'm putting my money on the bears. Isn't that why we are better off now, the noggin? Equal that out and now you have a 500 pound bear that is faster, stronger, climbs trees better and, oh yeah HAS CLAWS AND TEETH.
Post a Comment