I just got back from a little trip home. For the first time since all the new additions to my family, we were all together for one weekend. I was the first to arrive and the first to depart because I am such a hard working grad student and hot data was calling me back. My brother brought his family from New Orleans and that really was the impetus for getting us all together so we could meet and spend time with these guys.

So far this uncle thing is an easy gig, especially since I am in Seattle and they are in New Orleans. Basically you just have to run when Peter tells you to and Penny is still so young it is like she is drugged up, but if you tilt her back and then bring her forward she smiles and laughs. And I am really good at tilting her back and bringing her forward. Not all the time was spent with the kids (at least not all my time). The Sounders were in town and it was too much a coincidence to not go so we took in a soccer game in RSL's new stadium. The Sounders lost.

We went up the canyon to Silverlake. Not sure I ever stopped by there before, but it was nice. Definitely a place to go take a walk with a sweet girl...if I was in Utah...with a sweet girl. I went with my whole family instead. The ground squirrels there have virtually no fear of man.

And of course while home I was able to take advantage of some of the nicer things in life. I took the Willy's on what, from the sound of things, was likely my last ride with it. Yep thats a brick acting as a parking brake. Gonna miss you Red.

I also managed to take my Dad's slightly more modern car for a spin. The Willy's is in the background there, highlighting the wide range of cars back home.

And of course what trip home would be complete without a few stops at the local eateries? I managed to grab some Crown Burger, Pie Pizza, and last but not least the Red Iguana. I have never had a bad meal at any of these places.

Great trip home. Thanks to Mike and Amanda for the leftover vouchers that made this trip nearly free for me. Happy to spend time with the family. Glad to see that my nephew knows who I am now. Sorry it was so short.
4 comments:
Mmmmm....Crown Burger....
wait...were we at the same game? Because I was just in SLC and went to a sounders game.
So which is better - Red or Blue Iguana?
Having never been to the blue iguana I still feel pretty confident that, as in most things, red is superior to blue.
Post a Comment