Ok, so I get it. Dinosaurs had feathers. At least some did. Maybe this isn't too much of a punch to the gut for all of you, but I still am processing how I feel about it. I like looking at birds and imagining them as dinosaurs (I think that the Corvids are the best for this), but when you go and do something like this, well, its just a bit too much. Here's the problem I am getting at. Apparently scientists now think that T. rex looked something like this:

Look, I appreciate that you didn't go and slap some fruity colors on there, but maybe we can cool it a little on the whole "dinosaurs were just big birds" thing? I'm all for the pursuit of truth and all, but sometimes I wonder. Until we achieve the dream of cloning a T. rex and it comes out like a giant chicken with huge teeth I think we should maybe subscribe more to the "Calvin and Hobbes" theory of scientific reasoning.
Yeah, that sounds about right. In fact, all reasoning, scholarly or not, would benefit from such a philosophy. Just keep it cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment