Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Back from giving thanks

For the first time since moving to Seattle I went home for Thanksgiving. During those days home I was provided with plenty to be thankful for. Here is just a sampling:
  • Traveling with flowers. They were for my Mom's birthday, but the girls sending me smiles didn't know that.
  • Making it home despite empty threats of a snowstorm.
  • Keeping my streak of being lined up in Utah alive. Thank you cousin Maggie.
  • Dining at not only the Red Iguana, but also the Pie, the Wing Coop, and Crown Burger even with abundant leftovers in the fridge.
  • Making pies.
  • Plenty of time with family.
  • Flying back with a friend and watching Star Wars. Thank you not-cousin Maggie.
  • Returning to Seattle where I do not have to shovel snow.
  • And of course, this!


Moments after that occurred, I stood where that piece of history was made. Feels good to have everything right in the universe again.

As you can see, I have plenty to be thankful for.

1 comment:

seamsavvy said...

We'll be sending the Ute fans in your apartment our congratulatory gift with Maren. Maybe we'll have better luck next year. . .love the Booths