Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Movie Review "Tron: Legacy"

If my life could have a narrator I know exactly who I would want it to be. You might think I would want some classic voice like Morgan Freeman or maybe James Earl Jones or, even better, Sean Connery. All good choices, but none are who I have in mind. Nope, for me, I'd take Optimus Prime. Thats a no brainer. Of course if I had a narrator then I should also have someone to provide the score or soundtrack for my life. Thats a bit harder. Not sure I could narrow it down to any one person, but after seeing this movie I think I would have to add Daft Punk to the list. They pretty much made this movie into the longest (and pretty dang good) music video of all time. My life probably isn't hip enough for them to cover it, but maybe they could just step in for parts of my life. No doubt, those portions of my life would suddenly seem über cool. Even the last 5 years I spent sitting at a computer working on a PhD seem pretty awesome with those guys laying down the hot beats. Yes, it's settled. Whenever Led Zeppelin and the sounds of Star Wars won't suffice, Daft Punk will drop in and provide some jams for my life's score.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Exactly how I felt when I saw this. I kept thinking "boy that movie was awesome, but why...THE MUSIC"