Not too long ago I had a pretty vivid dream in which I was bitten by a rattlesnake.

It stung pretty bad, but I pretty much just shrugged it off and was fine. It seemed that in this dreamland it was not uncommon for myself to suffer from bites from rattlesnakes, this being the 7th or 8th time in my dream life that I had been bitten by one. Each time it stung a bit, but I never experienced any lasting damage forcing me to conclude that I had some supernatural anti-venom coursing through my veins. Knowing from previous experience that the internets contain a wealth of knowledge regarding the meaning of dreams I sought out to learn what being bitten by snakes may mean. While many absurd interpretations are surprisingly out there on the internets, here are some of my favorites:
This is a transformative stage in your life
Presumably because snakes shed their skin they are symbols of transition and transformation. I don't know if the same applies to other animals that similarly shed their skin or even fur, though those seem just as applicable. Maybe even a bird molting it's feathers. Again, not sure, so best to keep questioning the presence of any birds in your dreams.
Presumably because snakes shed their skin they are symbols of transition and transformation. I don't know if the same applies to other animals that similarly shed their skin or even fur, though those seem just as applicable. Maybe even a bird molting it's feathers. Again, not sure, so best to keep questioning the presence of any birds in your dreams.
Someone is secretly in love with you...or trying to sabotage you
We could debate how different those two intentions really are from one another, but this is pretty cool! This suggests that my unconscious mind is somehow aware of what other people are thinking and/or feeling. That borders on telepathy suggesting that I am basically Professor X...at least when I am asleep.
We could debate how different those two intentions really are from one another, but this is pretty cool! This suggests that my unconscious mind is somehow aware of what other people are thinking and/or feeling. That borders on telepathy suggesting that I am basically Professor X...at least when I am asleep.
There is too much passivity in your life
I think this is a polite way of saying you are too lazy. Apparently the snakes keep biting me because my unconscious mind recognizes that I have become too passive in real life and am not getting anything done so they are trying to bite me back into action and accomplish something. I think my unconscious mind has got me all wrong. I mean you can't rightly call leading the Autobots to victory over the Decepticons in a video game passive can you?
I think this is a polite way of saying you are too lazy. Apparently the snakes keep biting me because my unconscious mind recognizes that I have become too passive in real life and am not getting anything done so they are trying to bite me back into action and accomplish something. I think my unconscious mind has got me all wrong. I mean you can't rightly call leading the Autobots to victory over the Decepticons in a video game passive can you?
As you can see, dreams can be very valuable. These rattlesnakes are a real wake up call to me. How else would I have known that my current state of unemployment and job searching is a transition stage in my life and that I should be wary of all my ample free time as it creates many opportunities for idleness? Those subconscious superpowers are a real treat though. Of course I still think there is a very real possibility that these rattlers showed up in my dreams just because I recently watched True Grit. That was such a cool movie!
1 comment:
You are inspiring. :)
thanks for keeping my safe from rattlesnakes.
p.s. I have 2.5 dozen eggs for you and the house.
Maren :)
Post a Comment