Monday, May 2, 2011

Book Review "Darwin's Dogs"

Darwin definitely liked dogs. Thats innocent and common enough. Darwin also definitely liked his theories on evolution even if not everyone else does. Turns out dogs are also perfect models that illustrate his evolutionary theories and he even used them as examples in his work. Clearly we have his love for dogs to thank for his fundamental theories right? Maybe, I mean it certainly didn't hurt, but maybe he just liked dogs and they happen to compliment his theories. This book certainly points out that Darwin liked dogs and that dogs exemplify his theories very well, but I am not sure it connects the dots between his love for dogs and the actual formation of his theories. No big deal though. Like I said, I am sure it didn't hurt any. One day if I ever make some valuable contribution to scientific thought or society in general I hope that someone digs into my past and concludes that my love for the Batman influenced my discovery. It probably did.

No comments: