Friday, May 13, 2011

Smashing cars

Years ago I went to the Puyallup Fair. It was pretty good, but I remember thinking at the time "You know what this fair could really use? Some cars smashing into each other". Well someone listened and added some of that to the Spring Fair. It began with a figure 8 race where the cars surprisingly and far too often slowed down for one another in the center.



Fortunately they did have a real demolition derby too. If you love the smell of gas, burning rubber, and sounds of car crashes then the derby is for you!




The fair also featured pigs racing for oreos, a lumberjack contest, and, the real highlight of the day, a dog extreme vertical jump contest where the Dutch Shepherd Druid took home the trophy with a jump of 7'04". Oh, and I managed to grab a Krusty Pup corn dog at the fair again because you haven't really been to the fair unless you have eaten something fried in fat. Pretty good stuff.

No comments: