Saturday, September 22, 2007

Puyallup Fair

I have lived here for 2 years but this was the first time I made it out to the Puyallup fair. I always meant to go, but I think that college football got in my way. Well today I finally made it out with Christian and Robin. I am not sure when I last went to a fair anywhere. I thought that maybe since I was up here in the sophisticated Seattle area that the crowd would be a little different, but no, it was pretty standard, stereotypical fair folks. People of all shapes and sizes. Lots of t-shirts with motorcycles on them. Interesting hair styles (both on the head and face). Lots of makeup. Yeah, its a good group. It reminded me a lot of the episode of the Simpsons with the carnies. We made the most of it. We "won" some free advil at a booth. Sampled the free water and ultimately filled up on some fried foods. We started with a fine funnel cake. I then got a Krusty Pup which is a big corn dog. It was pretty good. Then we finished it all off with a big load of fries that were squished into a cube. I was pulling for a dessert churro (couldn't find any fried candy bars anywhere), but Christian and Robin weren't feeling it and quite frankly by the time we got back to the car I was glad that we didn't go for it.



Those are big Highland cows. They have more hair than other cows making better insulation which results in the cows needing less fat to stay warm. I bet they grill up pretty good.



Funnel cake is really very good. As are all things that are deep fat fried.



We took a lot of self taken pictures to try and get us all, but this is the only one that came up with any of the funnel cake in it.

It was fun. I am glad that I experienced it, but I probably don't need to go again.

No comments: