Tuesday, September 4, 2007

USA! USA! USA!

Many of you may be surprised to hear that there is a USA Beard and Moustache team and furthermore they compete in international beard and moustaches competitions. You can check them out at here and at their blog here. Well the 2007 International Beard and Moustache competition was just held in Brighton, England and USA walked away with a couple of big wins. Burke Kenny walked away with top honors in the "Full Beard and Moustache" division and Jack Passion, at the age of 23 I believe, walked away with first place in the "Natural Full Beard" division. I think that this is mostly a European competition that USA has just really started to invest in so these are some big wins. These guys have some ridiculous beards. I encourage you to check it out. All you Americans can walk a little taller and hold your heads a little higher knowing that we have the finest full beards in all the land. Perhaps I should stop all this grooming nonsense and go for international glory?

Here is a nice gallery of some participants. Looks like USA won in a moustache category as well. USA! USA! USA!

2 comments:

robin marie said...

when do you start training!?

Jerkolas said...

Training began long before I knew about Beard Team USA. Probably around the age of 10 to 12. It really kicked into high gear around 18 or 19. My first exhibition was at 22 and each year since another entry has been made. I'm sure I will have plenty of posts about this.