Sunday, September 9, 2007

Game 2

After Utah's season opener which featured the loss of our QB and RB to injury I went through a wide range of emotions. First and foremost was depression, but then hope started to creep in that maybe just maybe the Utes would rally and win their next game against Air Force. There is a valuable lesson to be learned here. Don't ever get your hopes up. I was not able to watch the game (stupid MWC television deal), but it was another loss. My Dad's message on my answering machine summed it up best with "Tom I just got back from the Utah game. It was awful. Bye." Sounds like we had pushed it downfield and may or may not have scored a potential game tying TD, but it was ruled down on the 1 yard line. Then we were unable to get 1 yard on 2 tries. 1 STINKIN' YARD! As if things couldn't get worse Brent Casteel, one of the leading Ute receivers, is now out for the season with a torn ACL. That takes the tally up to our QB (~2 or so more weeks), RB (season), WR (season), and a big OL (season). To start the season the Utes had 4 preseason all conference candidates. 3 of the 4 are significantly injured (look out Louis Sakoda, the 4th on that list). This is beyond simply bad luck. This is a straight up curse of biblical proportions. Somebody is sabotaging us or something. I can't believe it. It is going to be one tough season. Unlike anything I have ever experienced before. I'll be home for the next game against UCLA. They're not suppose to be very good right?

No comments: