In DC comics you pretty much have two iconic characters, Superman and Batman, that are pretty popular and at least one of them currently makes hit movies. After that it is a pretty steep fall, but eventually you land somewhere with the other Justice League members; Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and this guy, the Green Lantern. For whatever reason these characters just can't seem to land a huge movie deal that is met with the same levels of success as DC's big guns. It's not for lack of trying though and maybe since I have always thought of the Green Lantern as a pretty hokey hero I appear to be one of the only people who's expectations were met by this movie. Here you have a dude that is given a magic ring from aliens that lets him make anything he wants. Seriously, I mean there is no limit to what this guy can make with his ring. If I had a magic ring like that I know exactly what I would do. First, I would make a plate full of barbequed ribs whenever I wanted. Second, I would not make a mask like his. Lastly, if there ever was trouble that needed dealing with I would just make a Superman or a Batman to take care of it. Everyone seems to like those guys more anyway.Random updates, thoughts, ideas, and complaints (with pictures). Way better than Facebook stalking!
Monday, July 4, 2011
Movie Review "Green Lantern"
In DC comics you pretty much have two iconic characters, Superman and Batman, that are pretty popular and at least one of them currently makes hit movies. After that it is a pretty steep fall, but eventually you land somewhere with the other Justice League members; Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and this guy, the Green Lantern. For whatever reason these characters just can't seem to land a huge movie deal that is met with the same levels of success as DC's big guns. It's not for lack of trying though and maybe since I have always thought of the Green Lantern as a pretty hokey hero I appear to be one of the only people who's expectations were met by this movie. Here you have a dude that is given a magic ring from aliens that lets him make anything he wants. Seriously, I mean there is no limit to what this guy can make with his ring. If I had a magic ring like that I know exactly what I would do. First, I would make a plate full of barbequed ribs whenever I wanted. Second, I would not make a mask like his. Lastly, if there ever was trouble that needed dealing with I would just make a Superman or a Batman to take care of it. Everyone seems to like those guys more anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment