There is a Calvin and Hobbes comic that proposes that some things are better simply because they are cool. There is perhaps no other Hollywood director that understands this better than Michael "Bayhem" Bay. This is the guy who watched a 60 Minutes special on "Birdmen" in wingsuits, recognized how cool it was and said "Hold the phone, I am putting some freaking dudes in wingsuits into my next movie!" Does it makes sense for soldiers to dive into a giant robot filled war zone in wingsuits? No, not at all, but it sure is cool! Bay, doesn't stop there. He can even take cool things and find ways to make them cooler. What's cooler than Optimus Prime you ask? Duh, Optimus Prime with a jetpack! The man knows cool, no doubt about it. He even found room to give the always cool Terry Tate, Office Linebacker, a role in his movie, not to mention that Spock himself, Leonard Nimoy, returns to the Transformers universe and voices another robot. How cool is that? All this and more is why I had more fun at this movie than I have had at the theaters in quite some time. Shoot, who am I kidding? I'd watch this movie even if it was just Optimus Prime reading the dictionary. That would still be pretty cool.
Random updates, thoughts, ideas, and complaints (with pictures). Way better than Facebook stalking!
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Movie Review "Transformers: Dark of the Moon"
There is a Calvin and Hobbes comic that proposes that some things are better simply because they are cool. There is perhaps no other Hollywood director that understands this better than Michael "Bayhem" Bay. This is the guy who watched a 60 Minutes special on "Birdmen" in wingsuits, recognized how cool it was and said "Hold the phone, I am putting some freaking dudes in wingsuits into my next movie!" Does it makes sense for soldiers to dive into a giant robot filled war zone in wingsuits? No, not at all, but it sure is cool! Bay, doesn't stop there. He can even take cool things and find ways to make them cooler. What's cooler than Optimus Prime you ask? Duh, Optimus Prime with a jetpack! The man knows cool, no doubt about it. He even found room to give the always cool Terry Tate, Office Linebacker, a role in his movie, not to mention that Spock himself, Leonard Nimoy, returns to the Transformers universe and voices another robot. How cool is that? All this and more is why I had more fun at this movie than I have had at the theaters in quite some time. Shoot, who am I kidding? I'd watch this movie even if it was just Optimus Prime reading the dictionary. That would still be pretty cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aw man, you would love this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yysbbPStfWw
Post a Comment