My sister is a teacher. A good one too. One of the perks of being a teacher is you get a spring break. One of the perks of having a brother that lives in San Diego is you can use your spring break to visit him. Thats just what my sister did. I took her to the beach:
I took her to my favorite places to eat including Hodad's and the Hash House:

We went out to the USS Midway and were reminded of how cool the US of A is. Check out all these jets:

And the guns on those jets. This is on the F16 "Top Gun" Tomcat. As if those jets couldn't be any more awesome in my mind:

I even found a jet I could get in. No video game on earth can prepare you for the number of switches, gauges, and buttons inside the cockpit of one of these, but lemme tell ya, it feels pretty sweet in there, further confirming that I made a poor career choice:

The baseball season had just begun and we went and saw just how awful the Padres are. They were smoked by the Dodgers, but the Dodgers fans all around us were sort of funny. Course if I had cared at all about the Padres I would have hated them, but I just haven't got that Padres love quite yet:

After the game they had a fireworks show set the sounds and music of Star Wars! It is after all the 35th anniversary of the space epic. We were both surprised, but believe me when I tell you, it was pretty dang awesome! The even put the Death Star trench run on the screen and fired fireworks simultaneously with Luke firing his proton torpedoes. And then with the Death Star blowing up? MORE FIREWORKS! Yep, pretty awesome!
Great to have you here Jen! Come again any time!

No comments:
Post a Comment