It has been a little over a year since I moved to San Diego. Honestly, I miss Seattle quite a bit still, but I have had some time to find a few things that I like quite a bit in San Diego. These are pretty much things that I can enjoy daily here. So here are possibly my top 3.

Now there are plenty of places I used to eat in Seattle and I'd do anything to grab me some Paseo again, but San Diego food is great. I basically traded all the Thai and teriyaki for burritos and tacos. Nothing wrong with Thai or teriyaki (I have to satisfy those cravings now), but I think all in all this is a good trade. Plus there are tons of places I have found that I love like the Hash House (pictured above), Hodad's, and Phil's BBQ.

When I was kid seeing a jet in the air was super, super rare. It was also super, super cool. In Seattle, the Blue Angels came to town once a year and that was great, but here in San Diego...I see jets in the air every single day! Not just jets, but sweet helicopters and huge cargo planes. This is thanks to the Miramar base. Its basically like living a tiny bit in the Danger Zone every day. The other day while at work we felt a large rattle while at our desks. Folks thought it was a very momentary earthquake. Nope. Turns out it was just one of these puppies dropping a little sonic boom!

Not only is it an exceptionally beautiful temple, but I live really close to the temple. Even closer than when I was in SLC. In fact I see the temple daily on my way home from anywhere really. Thats how close I am. It is always nice to see and hopefully it serves as a good reminder of a great many things.
So there you have it. I miss you Seattle, but there are some nice things down here too. Oh, its pretty sunny here too. Thats also nice. Believe it or not, but I actually find myself missing the rain. Crazy, but true.
No comments:
Post a Comment