Wes Anderson movies are hard to peg. They are virtually genre-less or they at the very least form a unique sort of genre that is hard to describe. All the characters act rather emotionless or are somewhat muted and are accompanied by any number of psychological, behavioral, or mental issues. Obscure music or other pieces of art tend to show up almost reminding you that his movies themselves are a bit obscure (or at least wish to be). They all feature Bill Murray. Lastly they are all charming in their own way. Plus when you can discuss Wes' movies you get some sort of strange artsy/intellectual/hipster cred. Don't discount that, it could be valuable under the right circumstances. When I was as old as the kids in this movie I don't think I ever could have appreciated a Wes Anderson movie (maybe Fantastic Mr. Fox, but of course I liked the book as a kid). Then again when I was as old as these kids I never would have run away with any girl I knew. Shoot I still might not be ready for that, but these kids pulled it off.

No comments:
Post a Comment