I had a roommate that very much wanted me to read a series of fantasy novels that he greatly appreciated. Now, I like my Gandalfs and dragons as much as the next guy, maybe even more, but this series was 14 books long and over 10,000 pages! I waste my time in a great many ways, but this was not going to be one of them. That was just too big of a commitment especially since I could just read some Tolkien again to get my fantasy fix. Everyone is just mimicking him anyway right? My brother on the other hand gave me this book, a collection of short stories. Each story was unique, had good characters, and more often than not, they got me to laugh. Shoot, some of them maybe even caused some introspection and pondering. Most importantly these stories did not total anywhere close to 10,000 pages. Advantage: short stories.

1 comment:
I'm buying this for someone's Christmas - thanks for the review
Post a Comment