Sunday, January 20, 2013

Holidays summary

I did in fact make it back from the holidays. As always it was great to be home. I did quite a bit while I was home. I showed off my mustache to my nephews and nieces. They clearly thought it was very dapper and can't wait till they can grow their own (nephews only I hope):



While there I met some more Utah cheerleaders and occasionally they paid me more attention than the actual Utah cheerleaders:



And I taught my nephew to use a camera. Here is some of his handy work:






His mother is thrilled that he now knows how to operate a simple digital camera. All in a day's work for this uncle. You're welcome!

While home I also accomplished the following:
  • Confirmed my suspicion that I am not a skier
  • In a moment's notice prepared an excellent rub for a turkey and then cooked that turkey
  • Couple days later I did the same thing for a big ol' prime rib roast, a first for me
  • Went back to Middle Earth 
  • Learned that legos and transformers are infinitely more complicated now, but still awesome
  • Along with everyone else, I got a little sick
I am glad that I have a family that can spend the holidays together and I am glad we like spending the holidays together.
 

No comments: