There are not too many movies that I have seen that I walk out of and think "I gotta tell my folks about this one!", but thats exactly what happened with this movie. Its just delightful. Or maybe I just think that cause I relate awfully well to the main character here. Either way, its a good flick, but there is one thing that is strangely distracting in it. That would be Adam Scott's beard in this movie. Is it real? Is it dyed? Was it placed there post production with computers? Did he decide to style it like that? Was there a conscientious choice made to make his beard so distinct? These are just some of the questions that would pop into my mind every time that beard showed up. It is the most puzzling beard I have seen on screen in some time and thats including all those dwarves in The Hobbit and that one dude from the first Hunger Games movie. Oddly enough all the folks in management positions in this movie have beards. This could be a statement about how beards command authority or exude leadership. Of course all those guys are also sort of incompetent and are the antagonists of the film so maybe beards just make you dastardly and villainous. Either way, I'm just happy to see beards used more to add character, not to mention to command so much attention.

No comments:
Post a Comment