For those of you that don't know I am a PhD student and I am studying genetics. My PhD work focuses on identifying and analyzing genetic patterns that are different between breeds of dogs. Dogs are incredibly diverse and exhibit a wide range of phenotypes (characteristics or traits) and it is interesting to identify what genetic differences account for the physical differences that we see between breeds (like why are small dogs so dang yappy and annoying making them quite punt-able while large dogs are so friendly and awesome). Anyway after 2 and half years I have made quite a bit of progress. I am very close to publishing what will likely be a very important paper that will contribute greatly to many scientific communities and to dog lovers all over the world, but before that I just wanted to share it with some of you. Think of it as an exclusive look into my very important research. If you just click here you should be taken to some pretty thrilling doggy data. Enjoy!
3 comments:
So your studies involve coating glass doors with peanut butter? I like it. If you need human volunteers, please call on me, though I prefer my glass doors to have sweedish fish or gummi coke bottles. Atta boy Tom, you're breaking ground.
i'm not falling for your tricks, jerkolas. i didn't even click on it and i know it's that screensaver where the dog licks the screen. i guess i have the psychic phenotype.
Looks like you missed out on the sense of humor phenotype.
Post a Comment