Saturday, March 1, 2008

The votes are in!

My "One beard to rule them all" poll has come to a close and the people have spoken. There were a total 32 votes (I'd be surprised if that actually represented 32 different people) and the winner pulling in 25% of the votes was...the SOUTHERN DANDY!



I am pleased that this one won. Maybe I biased the voting by saying that this one was perhaps my favorite. We may never know. Here are the rest of the results (the results have been added to the original post as well):

Southern Dandy - 8 votes (25%)
Socially Awkward Moustache - 5 votes (15%)
Naked Face - 4 votes (12%)
Gentlemanly Beard - 4 votes (12%)
Hippie Beard - 4 votes (12%)
Big and Bushy - 3 votes (9%)
Thin "Cool" Pseudo-Beard - 2 votes (6%)
Full Goatee - 1 vote (3%)
Seasonal Beard - 1 vote (3%)
Small Chops - 0 votes (0%)
Period Piece Beard - 0 votes (0%)
Hulkster - 0 votes (0%)

Here is another iteration of everyone's favorite "The Southern Dandy":



The Southern Dandy is really a more chopped up or groomed version of the Van Dyke. Other notable individuals to sport a Van Dyke include:


And you can be sure that this list will be only be growing. Thanks again for your participation. In closing here are is one more gem about beards:

"There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless — boys and women — and I am neither one."
-Greek saying

No comments: