Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me

Last Tuesday the 6th of May was my birthday. It is always different on your birthday when you no longer live with family around. You want everyone to know it is your birthday, but you don't really want to go around telling everyone it is your birthday. I received a view messages throughout the day and my Dad even tracked me down at work and gave me a call. I managed to celebrate a little. I went to dinner with some friends (thanks, Ray, Rob, Robyn, Stephen, Wendy, and Isaac). When I got back home Robyn brought over a sign she made for my birthday:



And a cake:



It had 1 big candle on, but even at my old age I was able to blow it out:



Notice that I am down to a regular ol' goatee now. The cake was a funfetti cake. Robyn makes the best funfetti cakes. The evening ending with a regular game of Settlers with my roommates. I sort of won until someone realized that they were actually sitting on 10 points (which they collected before I reached my 10) and he didn't know it so really he won...the jerk. During the game my roommate Kyle returned from a Mariners game he was attending. He found me a little Mariners cap for my birthday:



It was a pretty good birthday. I even got some presents from my family and friends. During the week I enjoyed leftover cake and a piece of dulce de leche cheesecake that my friends picked up for me at dinner and really it is maybe the best kind of cheesecake out there. Thanks to everyone. It was nice to have people to celebrate with. Here's to another year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! They should've let you win settlers. That's the best thing about birthdays - winning.

C-Biscuit said...

Happy birthday buddy. Sorry I forgot it this year. Luckily I send you amazing mementos from Utah all year long to make up for it.