I thought it was all over. I really did. I mean after such a great start. Sure there were little problems here and there. Some things we had to work on. I thought I was seeing progress though. I thought things might actually work out. Then it all went downhill. I descended into the newly discovered "Man I feel like I am in a U2 song"* level of frustration. How could we let something so great get away from us? How did we screw this up? Then it happened and this guy showed up:

And all was redeemed and forgotten! I know I haven't written too much about the Utes this year (at least compared to last year), but last night's game was too much. Here's a friend's good write up. I don't think we had any business winning the way we played, but a few lucky breaks, great effort at the end (11 points in 2 minutes!) and we walked away with the win. Why can't we play that way all game long? By my numbers we would be scoring more than 200 a game if we did. Oh well, a win is a win and I'll take it however I can get it. Wish I could have been there. One for the ages. Glad that my Dad and sister were there. GO UTES!
*I discovered this level of self pity when I actually found myself relating to a U2 song that came up on random on my iPod You know things are bad when U2 is suddenly summing things up for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment