If you are like me, you sit in front of a computer all day long. Even though you clearly love your job very much you can't help but notice that sometimes you have some extra time or maybe just need a break. Or perhaps you simply bore easily. I hope to share some of my favorite breaks that I have found from my life in front of a computer.
Warfish

Anyone else ever get stuck playing games of Risk for hours and hours back in high school? Did you ever think that there must be a better way? Or maybe you grew up and took off your nerd cap, but secretly harbor a crush for world domination? Whatever the case, Warfish is a surefire distraction for you. I was introduced well over a year ago by classmates and have been playing since with friends and family. It is just like classic Risk except all the little pieces and dice and and cards and everything is handled for you in a simple graphic. When it is your turn you receive an email advising you of such (you need to register an email address with them). This makes it a pretty casual experience (although some may really get into it and all its strategery), but it is a thrill when you are working and you get that email telling you its your turn. Thats 3-5 minutes of checking out of whatever you are doing. And there is even a message bar for talking it up (this can add to the time or frequency of your Warfish breaks). And just like the real Risk, Warfish can both strengthen and harm relationships. You can easily have multiple games going, but they are by invite only so best know someone who plays (if you are interested or are simply looking for a way to impress me, tell me you'd like to play and I'll see what I can arrange). All in all, this was probably my first real consistent break from work and is still one that I look forward to everyday. In fact there are some days where Warfish is one of the only things that gets me into work. Its that important.
PROS - Easy, casual, little time wasted, stay in touch with distant relatives and friends
CONS - Sometimes you wait forever for others to take their turn, even when you have nothing to do at work.
CONS - Sometimes you wait forever for others to take their turn, even when you have nothing to do at work.
1 comment:
sorry I take forever on my turn sometimes!
Post a Comment