Monday, November 17, 2008

I acquired the most

An old roommate was in town over the weekend. He brought a game he wanted to play with us called "Acquire". At first it looked like it would take a long time to explain, but we caught on pretty fast. It is without a doubt the best game about hotel ownership and merging that I have ever played. Seriously I have never played any other game about hotel acquisition that comes even close to this one. In the end I had the beginners luck and won with $39,200 (a $1,000 more than anyone else) sending my friend home without a W against me. Thats business buddy. Maybe I should have been a business man rather than I scientist? The win certainly kickstarted a good couple of days for me. I also found a sock I lost over a year and a half ago and this morning I woke up and picked the first song correctly that my iPod randomly selected (it was "Mother's Little Helper"). So everything is turning up Jerkolas lately.

Also on Saturday the Utes put up 63 points against SDSU and can finally focus on the big one this upcoming Saturday. And so begins rivalry week. Hopefully everything will finally be right with the universe again after this Saturday. GO UTES!

3 comments:

Karen said...

We will see how you feel after Saturday, but for now I am glad you are having a good time!

robin marie said...

oh i hate acquire!!! i dated a guy who would play it WHILE WE WERE ON A DATE with his roommates (yes i said with) into the wee hours of the morning. i vote for scientist!

Drew said...

The turkey tastes like manna after a Ute victory in the Holy War. Let's do it baby!!!