Thursday, December 18, 2008

I must love my job

Really I must love my job. Never before has anyone shown such dedication and resolve to graduate school. Sure when I woke up I saw all the snow that everyone else saw and yes I know that even the anticipation of snow is enough to shut down things in this city, but did I think "Maybe I'll just stay in and "work" from home" like everyone else? Of course not! I put on my coat and headed out. Not daunted by the 4 stuck buses I found on the road and the warning that I was "dreaming" if I thought I could make it to UW today, I proceeded to trudge through the ice and snow. About 60 to 80 minutes later I arrived at my building with nearly an inch of snow on my head and ice in my beard. I immediately increased the rugged manliness of the Genome Sciences building by approximately 15 points when I entered. I was feeling pretty awesome and can only imagine I looked as such as well (if only I had a camera on me). There is one other person in my lab today. I will work a bit and then turn around do it all again to walk home. Then maybe I'll even make it to ward temple night too just to further hone my awesomeness. Dependability is spelled T-O-M today!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Spelled T-O-M everyday! And make that a whopping 30 points. I've seen the ruggedness of a Nicholas man. Impressive!

Drew said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Diane said...

That snow is beautiful!

Karen said...

I think you just proved your loyalty to your job. Uh oh!

C-Biscuit said...

You should have come skiing with me on Denny Way.