Me lose brain power?
Man Science just keeps brightening each of my mornings. This morning I found this little news blurb. Apparently we begin to notice a decline in our cognitive abilities in our late 20's. They specifically mention the age 27, as in the same age of 27 that I am now. So they peak around 22 and decline at 27. Great. I guess its a good thing I spent those super-cognitive years in school. At least I have another 10 years or so before general memory starts to drop so I can still remember those brainy days. While this may explain a lot about my last year it's sort of a bummer to think that my noggin's best years are behind me especially when I think I might still need it for years to come. We'll see. Don't worry though, the researchers also note that vocabulary and general knowledge can continue to increase for quite a while longer. Phew, thats a relief! There is still so much about the Rebel Alliance's plight against the Empire that I simply don't understand. So you might know more and have lots of fancy words up there, but fail to know how to use them effectively (not that I do now). Wonderful Science, always making the future brighter!
1 comment:
Yeah that’s why mathematicians do all their best work in their early twenties, even though they don't usually get Nobel Prizes for that work until they are in their sixties. Good thing I’m getting law school under my belt now before I start to loose it all. Unfortunately you and I both chose careers where we will actually have to use our brains for the rest of our lives.
Post a Comment