Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Crowdless 4th of July

In Seattle on the 4th of July almost everyone converges at one place, Gasworks park. And so it ends up looking something like this.



Except that the entire park looks like that, and then some more somehow get in there. You need to be there all afternoon if you want to have a decent spot. I have been twice. This year it was the only fireworks show in town and I heard that they expected anywhere from 50,000 to 75,000 people to be there. Ugh. Well who knew that my work had such a good view of everything without all the crowds? So I got my gaggle of girls together (its nice being the token guy friend) and headed over to work on a Saturday. It worked perfectly! All the fireworks, none of the people. Perfect!



Ha ha Gasworks, I will never return to you for the 4th.

No comments: