This is Philadelphia. I just returned from there, but I didn't see any of what is depicted in that lovely photo. My journey there began last Saturday when I woke up at 4am to catch a 6am flight out of Seattle. I just got back home and it is 2am Monday morning. Getting there and back took 4 flights. Of those 4 flights, 4 of them were overbooked. Also, 4 of them were delayed. Several times I thought I was going to get stuck in Atlanta and began plotting how I would get out to Fat Matt's Rib Shack so that the trip was not a total downer, but fortunately (I guess, I mean those ribs are awfully good) I was never stranded there. I spent a grand total of about 26 hours in airports or on planes. How long did I spend in Philly? Not counting sleep (which was about 4 hours, thank you very much east coast time change combined with daylight savings time), I spent maybe 10 or so hours there. Why? To give a 30 minute talk for my boss at a conference. I totally blew people's minds with SCIENCE so that was good. People tell me thats a big deal. Worth 26 hours of travel time? Maybe if I had scored a cheese steak. Yeah, I didn't even complete my one goal of getting a Philly cheese steak while there. Darn science and "planning for my future" got in the way. I am not sure you can even say you've been to Philly if you didn't get a cheese steak. Don't worry Philly, I don't hold it against you (this is clearly science's doing), but you best look out the next time I step foot within your limits. Have the cheese steaks ready and plentiful.Random updates, thoughts, ideas, and complaints (with pictures). Way better than Facebook stalking!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Next time, it's just you and me Philly...and cheese steaks
This is Philadelphia. I just returned from there, but I didn't see any of what is depicted in that lovely photo. My journey there began last Saturday when I woke up at 4am to catch a 6am flight out of Seattle. I just got back home and it is 2am Monday morning. Getting there and back took 4 flights. Of those 4 flights, 4 of them were overbooked. Also, 4 of them were delayed. Several times I thought I was going to get stuck in Atlanta and began plotting how I would get out to Fat Matt's Rib Shack so that the trip was not a total downer, but fortunately (I guess, I mean those ribs are awfully good) I was never stranded there. I spent a grand total of about 26 hours in airports or on planes. How long did I spend in Philly? Not counting sleep (which was about 4 hours, thank you very much east coast time change combined with daylight savings time), I spent maybe 10 or so hours there. Why? To give a 30 minute talk for my boss at a conference. I totally blew people's minds with SCIENCE so that was good. People tell me thats a big deal. Worth 26 hours of travel time? Maybe if I had scored a cheese steak. Yeah, I didn't even complete my one goal of getting a Philly cheese steak while there. Darn science and "planning for my future" got in the way. I am not sure you can even say you've been to Philly if you didn't get a cheese steak. Don't worry Philly, I don't hold it against you (this is clearly science's doing), but you best look out the next time I step foot within your limits. Have the cheese steaks ready and plentiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
But did you have good movies on the plane?
They charge you for the movies now...and the food. Thanks to one delay I saw most of the blind side again (that was to try and appease us while they made us wait on the plane), but I also had wonderful cable TV on board. Oh how I missed you Sportscenter!
Post a Comment