I have been here in San Diego for a few weeks now. I have a new roommate.

He is wearing a zombie attack survival t-shirt. That pretty well describes him. We play videogames together, watch "Community" and debate over Britta or Annie, and we end up talking about comic books and superheroes a lot. Oddly enough no girls have come to visit us. We have a nice place with one terrific couch and loads of Ikea junk.



I've never lived in an apartment complex before. We live in a huge one. 1600 units or something like that. I feel like I am living in a hotel. A very expensive hotel that I have to clean. I'm scared to touch the walls for fear of smudging them. I have the "master" bedroom and bath.



I have begun a new job at Scripps. I work in the Genomics Medicine department, a department that the majority of Scripps does not know exists. Despite this we still have a nice building.

And I have an office with my name on it...and the name of the guy I share the office with. It is a nice office and my desk smells of rich mahogany.

All in all I am getting pretty settled in. San Diego is a bit different from Seattle. While Seattle is a far lovelier city, San Diego has far lovelier weather. The roads in San Diego are large and people actually drive the speed limit and in many cases quite a bit faster. Everything is a bit more spread out and so you have to drive everywhere. They have a NL team rather than a AL team. Lastly, there is a lot more Mexican food to be had. I think that about sums it up. I'll be lost here for a bit, but I am slowly figuring it out. This adjustment has felt harder to make than the one to Seattle from Salt Lake, but no matter. I'll have this place down soon enough.
3 comments:
San Diego’s a great place to live. We considered moving there ourselves. We’re just a little over an hour and half up the 15. We should meet up sometime.
Great update - love the IKEA motif
The couch looks good in there! Glad it survived the journey. I hope you are going to beach at least NUMEROUS times a week!
Post a Comment