
Because of pictures like that one you may assume that the two of us have dated. We have not, but not even many girlfriends have done as many nice things for me as she has. For example, after we went and saw Thor what did she do? She gave me Mjolnir when she found it laying around her workplace and I was found worthy to receive it.

A few weeks back she even found herself in San Diego for work at a San Diego Comic Con related event. She let me know and we went and did what anyone else would do...look at every batmobile ever made! Can you identify which movie(s) they belong to?





I have listed them in order of my least favorite to favorite. I have very well thought out reasons for this order, but thought I would spare you those details. Clearly it is important though that you know I have thought a lot about this and if you are dying to know more let me know and I'll happily share with you my reasoning.
The fun didn't stop there. See because of her work connections we got into this nerd party hosted by this guy from Chuck:

His real name is Zachary Levi and apparently the ladies really like him. He was tired of the way things were done at the big Comic Con so he started his own club and invited his friends over. One of these friends is Joss Whedon, the dude that made that little Avengers movie that everyone including myself loved. And yep, once again thanks to my friend we got into that.

It was pretty cool and I would like to think if I became a super successful nerd that I might be something a little like him. I am also happy that some folks asked him some very, very nerdy questions that are very important to them. You can watch the whole thing here. Its a bit long, but skipped to the 27 minute mark and look for something amazing.
We handled it like total pros, but in case you want a transcript of what transpired there it went something like this:
Tom
(whispering out of the side of his mouth)
Stephanie! Stephanie! I'm on TV!
Stephanie
(slowly creeps into frame only to discover she is on the screen which results in a faster creep out of the frame)
Just like a boss, thats how we handled it. Just seeing Joss is some huge nerd cred, but now we are on the same internets video as him! I may or may not have spent time secretly hoping our moment in the sun there would go viral.
It was quite the day. Batmobiles! Joss Whedon! How do you follow something like that? With sundaes probably.

It was an absolute blast having Stephanie in town that weekend. Once again I benefited greatly from a really cool friend and she increased my nerd score significantly.

Thank you Stephanie! Please come again!
1 comment:
LIKE A BOSS is right.
Also? I would really like to know why the second to last batmobile above deserves that spot. Discuss.
Post a Comment