Most of you know that I love Star Wars. Star Wars movies. Star Wars cartoons. Star Wars games. Star Wars toys. Just all things Star Wars. I may still even wonder, from time to time, how different my life would be if I had a real lightsaber. Despite all this something strange, almost life changing, happened when I went to see Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones. I didn't like it. Thats right, I didn't like it. Honestly I was puzzled by this and it has taken me a long time to process. I mean it had jedis and spaceships and crazy aliens and all that and yet somehow, I felt like whatever I had just watched was not a Star Wars movie. In the ten years since that happened I don't think I have felt that same surprised confusion from a movie...until now. Technically Batman is in this movie (though I literally wondered during this movie if Batman was ever going to appear in this Batman movie) and so are his buddies, Alfred, Commissioner Gordon, and even Catwoman shows up here, he has some gadgets including some sort of flying bug jet thing, but somehow I never felt like I was really watching a Batman movie. I can't really explain it, but know that I have spent a long time thinking about it and I still might be figuring it out. The good news is that even after what happened with Star Wars, I still love Star Wars so even though Nolan's take on Batman has always given me mixed reactions, I still love Batman.

No comments:
Post a Comment