Monday, August 27, 2012

Tío Tom otra vez

In Spanish every time a nephew or niece is born you might say "Soy tío otra vez" which means "I am an uncle again". This is funny because once you are an uncle you are always an uncle. Its not like you somehow ceased being an uncle and then suddenly became one again. Its not just for aunts and uncles either. Parents and grandparents do it too saying "Soy padre de nuevo" or "Me hicieron abuela otra vez". I never heard brothers or sisters say it, but I suppose they could. It doesn't really make too much sense and I don't think we really do it with English as much, but nevertheless I like the custom. I suppose at least for that one individual you are a new uncle. Well, I am an uncle again.


Once again this required virtually nothing from me, but I'll do my best to benefit by it. Like by taking the opportunity to put more pictures of babies on here. Can't have a blog, at least not a Mormon one, without babies right? This should drive up my traffic of single LDS girls.

Congrats to my brother, his wife, and their growing family!

No comments: