Saturday, January 12, 2008

Rock'ning bunch of fools out there

While in Utah I was introduced to the Rockband. Now I had all ready played and loved Guitar Hero, but this was easily like 10 Guitar Hero's crammed into one...if they also included a drum set and a microphone for vocals. I love these games. They let no talent hacks like me believe that they can actually rock and unlike real rock stars you don't suffer from neverending hangovers, lawsuits, STDs, and perhaps worst of all...the agonizing nightmare of life on the road.



So obviously some Guitar Hero background helps when it comes to shredding with the ax.



But nothing prepared me for the drums which are easily the hardest part of the game and so I imagine the drums are also one of the hardest parts in the band.



I did my best, but it really drains you. They gotta bring the intensity and some basic rhythm, neither of which I have. I have a new found appreciation for all those that are banging the drums.



I may have been born to be the frontman of a band. No I don't have much vocal talent, but I totally have the attitude and I could grow my hair to be really long and messily sexy like any number of classic rock stars.



Here I am in the middle of belting out "Gimme Shelter" by the Stones. Some of my inner Mick started to come out. Really it couldn't be helped and it is only a matter of time before it strikes you.



If I only had more room then I would have unleashed a full Mick Jagger swagger strut.



I got stuck on vocals a lot, but I clearly enjoyed them more than anyone else. Too bad for them.



This is at the end of a really mean set. We totally tore it up. Left them all wanting more.

All in all it is a totally fun game. Neat factoid is that while I was writing this we have actually been playing Rockband in my house. My roommate's buddy brought it over. My vocals aren't what they used to be 2 weeks ago. I told my roommate that if he got this game I would play it everyday with him. I wasn't lying.

I just saw this clip of Conan playing Rockband. This is the kind of attitude that is needed for some fun Rockband playing and it is what I bring...every time.




1 comment:

robin marie said...

that scene was awesome on conan!!!