Friday, February 22, 2008

1 week left to vote

So there is only 1 week left to vote on my poll to the right. For details check here. So far the "Souther Dandy" is running away with it. Is it the clear favorite? Be sure to place your vote!

While we are on the subject, I pulled this from a nice Time article:

"And while a hairy chest and a full beard have fallen out of favor in the waxed and buffed 21st century, they are historically--if unconsciously--seen as signs of healthy testosterone flow that gives rise to both fertility and strength."

Its as true today as it ever was. Why then would it have "fallen out of favor"? I know I posted this once before (in fact in the post I have linked to), but in "The Screwtape Letters" C.S. Lewis offers a possible explanation through an exchange between his devils, Screwtape and Wormwood:

"The aim is to guide each sex away from those members of the other with whom spiritually helpful, happy, and fertile marriages are most likely...Thus we have now for many centuries triumphed over nature to the extent of making certain secondary characteristics of the male (such as beards) disagreeable to nearly all females-and there is more in that than you might suppose."

So the next time you think a beard is unattractive remember that the devil made you think that.

Be sure to vote!

No comments: