Sunday, February 10, 2008

These locks are shorn

Some things in this world occur in regular fashion. Others are sporadic and often these surprises should be met with excitement and rejoicing. For some of you the cutting of my hair is one such event. I never understood how some guys could go out and get their hair cut every 2-4 weeks. Even on my mission I am not sure that I cut it so frequently. For me growing out my hair was one of the only ways to try out new looks (that was before I could grow beards and try different appearances). I always liked how I looked with the long hair. Still it was always inevitable that sooner or later I would have to cut my hair. And after being virtual blind while playing racquetball on Wednesday I decided it was my time. I only went about 7 months this time with no haircut (I went 10 months the last time), but on Friday I stopped by a Great Clips and had it done. They always have a fun time teasing me a bit when I go in with so much hair and ask them to cut so much off. The one cutting my hair teased about when my court appearance would be. He also commented that he loved my hair and would love to have hair like mine. I always thought that was some stereotypical thing that female hairstylists tell their female clients, but hey near Capitol Hill it can happen to you too fellas! So it was done and I was pleased with it. Then this morning I needed to fix up the beard to match it with the rest of my hair. I went from this:













To this:














Not sure what I am looking at in both pictures, but I'm pretty happy with it. I seem a bit more proper I guess. Unlike Samson I have so far lost none of my strength or virility. If you are not happy with it (or if you haven't voted yet) be sure to check out this post about my many looks and then be sure to vote on the poll to the right.

2 comments:

ilikewinter said...

Ooooohhhh, I like it!!!

This is Gina, by the way. I finally found your blog. I am now adding you as a friend on mine.

Jerkolas said...

Thanks! Maybe you will actually visit my blog more than that "friend" of mine that you married.